BULLY PROOFING YOUR CHILDREN IS WHAT WE DO
We like to do so by focusing on the following:
- Self-Esteem (how to give your child the confidence to live and interact with others)
- Self-Discipline (how to provide yourchild with the toolset of self-control and proper obedience)
- Dealing With Bullies Part 1 (how to deal with bullies and what steps to take)
- Dealing With Bullies Part 2 (more bully information, and how not to become one)
- Self Defense (worst case, your child should know how to defend themselves without hesitation)
- Fitness for Life (childhood obesity stops with you and your choices. we’ll provide the right path)
- Encouraging Curiosity (being curious is important for children. do your part to reinforce it)
- Follow Up (we’ll look back at what you’ve learned, and where you are in your progress)
WHY GRACIE JIU-JITSU?
Gracie Jiu Jitsu is a tried and true martial art that has been proven in self defense.When you attend our academy you will begin by learning the most reliable techniques Jiu Jitsu has to offer. Gracie Jiu Jitsu is so reliable in fact, that multiple government organizations utilize these techniques, such as the Army, Navy Seals, and FBI to name a few. Although a background in martial arts can be beneficial, the beauty of our Jiu Jitsu is that no previous experience is necessary, and it is proven that Gracie Jiu Jitsu is the fastest way to being street ready.
WHAT MAKES JIU-JITSU UNIQUE?
Answer: Techniques are based on leverage and timing, instead of strength and speed. Being street ready does not require you tobe able to kick above your own head, but instead utilize natural body movement to stop a would-be attacker.
DO YOU USE EYE GOUGES OR STRIKES TO DEFEND YOURSELF?
Answer: Although these tactics can certainly damage an opponent if applied correctly, they are very unreliable. If you attempt and fail, your attacker may become increasingly angry, and try to cause more damage than they intended. By using our system you will be able to not only control an attacker without causing serious damage, but also execute a finishing technique if necessary.
WHAT ABOUT MULTIPLE ATTACKERS?
Answer: This one is very simple. No Martial Art can successfully defend against multiple attackers. Most practitioners of various arts claim their style can teach you to not only defend yourself, but defeat more than one opponent. This comes from the movie culture and video games that have evolved over the years. If you have never had a martial arts class before, let us give you your first. If you are ever confronted with multiple attackers, please run.
TOURNAMENT TRAINING AND STREET TRAINING?
Answer: Because of the popularity of Martial Arts, certain styles have made their system into a sport. This allows students to compete and perform techniques that normally have no validity on the Street. When rules are introduced, these systems of Self Defense quickly start to focus on competitive and flashy techniques instead of Street Techniques. When you come to our academy, you will find our first goal is to prepare you for a REAL altercation.